Bhutan, a tiny Buddhist kingdom known as the Land of the Thunder Dragon, is nestled between China and India in the heart of the eastern Himalayas. Bhutan is famous for its imposing monasteries, colossal fortifications and breathtaking scenery. It is divided into 20 districts, each with different traditions and ways of life.
The Bhutanese way of life is a perfect blend of tradition and modernity and gives the country a unique identity that sets it apart from all others. Because of its uniqueness, visitors to Thimphu, the kingdom’s capital city, are eager to immerse themselves in the local culture and customs.
Important things to know
Please take a look at the most important topics
You will need to submit a duly filled Visa form, scanned copy of your passport (with at least a validity of 6 months). The Department of Tourism of Bhutan approves your Visa upon the full payment for your trip.
All international tour agencies work in partnership with a local tour operator. Even if you book your trip through an international tour agency, all your Visa processing, reservation confirmation will be handled by the local tour operator. It is very likely that most international tour agencies will charge a service fee and a markup on the price quotation offered by the local tour operator. We recommend booking your trip directly with a local tour operator to get the best rate.
Bhutan receives majority of the tourists in the spring months of March, April and May and fall months of September, October and November as major festivals are celebrated in these period.
1-Bank Name – Bhutan National Bank
2-Address of the bank – GPO Building, Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan, P.O Box 439.
3-SWIFT Code- BNBTBTBT
4-Beneficiary name- Green Heart Tours and Travel Agent.
5-Account No- 0100062545002
Full package cost
Green Heart is offering package costs in approximately following ranges. Cost greatly depends on tour length, accommodation etc. For precise calculation of any tour, kindly contact us.
|Approximate per night charge including SDF|
|👫 People||🌐 World (USD rate)|
1. A sustainable development fee of $200per person per night. This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure. 2. 2% Government Tax per Person per Night.
2. $40 visa fee
3. A minimum of 3-star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium The Government set package rates is valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis.
4. Cost included all meals 3 meals.
5. Daily Mineral Water.
6. English Language Speaking Guide.
7. Comfortable and Luxurious Imported Cars for Internal Transportation with Skilled Driver.
8. Entrance fees for Museums.
🎁 Complimentary from Green Heart : Map of Bhutan given on arrival. Bottled water provided in the vehicle. Local SIM card with balance for data and call.
🛌 Single room supplement: Odd participants needs to pay extra for single room arrangement
❎ Cost excludes:
- Bar and beverage bills
- Flight tickets
- Health/Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide and driver
- Bank transfer fees or card payment fee.
1. Choose from our wide selection of pre-designed Bhutan tour packages.
2. You can contact us and discuss on changing any details of your tour, including itineraries, accommodations, etc.
3. Once your itinerary is finalized, we will check and confirm the availability of flights and hotel rooms. Once the availability is confirmed, The next process is to apply for the visa followed by securing flight and hotel room reservations.Note* you may opt to make your own flight reservation. Learn more about flights to Bhutan.
4. Copy of passport (with photo) with at least 6 months validity. No discounts for students.
5. You will now transfer your entire tour payment + visa application fee to Department of Tourism (Green Heart Bhutan as the ultimate beneficiary). You can either make the payment via wire transfer from your bank or use our online secure payment gateway. We accept VISA and MasterCard cards. Department of Tourism will only approve visas subject to full payment of tour calculated based on the minimum daily tariff.
6. Upon successful payment transaction, Department of Tourism will approve your visa application and we will share you a PDF copy of your visa.
- Guests from India are levied SDF of Nu. 1,200 or equivalent amount in INR per person per night, which will remain in effect for two years, following which time it may be reviewed and revised in keeping with the principle of the preferential rate after two years.
- Visitors from all other countries are levied SDF of USD 200 per person, per night.
- There will be a concessionary levy of 50% on the SDF for children between the ages of 6-12 years and exemptions of SDF for children aged 5 years and below.
- The SDF funds go to the national exchequer and are allocated to various projects that enhance facilities, services and infrastructure for nationals and guests who visit Bhutan, as well as funding free healthcare and education.